Monday, July 2, 2007

Too much time on my hands?

Not really and I agree with Ian.

Searching for a job is way more work than an actual job. However, when I reflect back to what is was like to search for my first job (or even my last job, just about 9 years ago), I am truly thankful for today's technology. M first job hunt consisted of looking in newspapers, taking resumes to be copied, typing cover letters and mailing with a stamp. Then there were weeks of waiting for the responses.

With web-sites (such as LinkedIn, see my profile here), email and cell phones the feedback loop is much quicker. I was out of town for the first two weeks of my job hunt but still managed to conduct a number of phone interviews as well as keep up on email so that I had interviews in-the-pipeline when I got back.

No comments: